Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thoughts on a drive thru Santa Cruz


Spent some time in great conversation today. My friend Carissa and I talked about a lot of stuff as girls can do... but something stood out. What is my goal? My purpose? To learn how to be a good wife? To be a better principal? A better friend? To help others glorify God? To stand up for what I believe in? To learn more understanding in what others believe in?

All good things. All things I aspire to do. But I think I am supposed to be me and love Him as much as possible. HE makes all things new. HE will finish the work he began in me. I may never get married. I'm not going to be a principal forever. I know for a fact friends come and go, more than I'd like. But I will always be His daughter. And I can do that. He gives me everything I need to do that, to be that.

2 comments:

  1. great post! but i'm wondering...what does the pumpkin have to do with this....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Just me trying to be the best pumpkin I can be.

    ReplyDelete