Monday, February 2, 2009

Humble beginnings...


So I have these two really great friends who keep bugging me to start blogging.(see picture) They know I process through communication, so I guess they are right. I need this. I need this to evaluate the world around me, the many experiences that otherwise would be forgotten. I like to make people laugh but I can be serious too. So I really have no idea how this will turn out. Be patient with me. (I have really bad grammar!) Be honest with me. (I might make you mad!) I would love to hear what you think. (I might change your life=)

With that said...

I had an amazing experience at church yesterday. Twin Lakes in Capitola had a guest speaker: J.P. Moreland!!! He shared a ton of statistics about what God is doing on the mission field that left me deeply encouraged. The Christian Movement has grown more in the last 40 years than ever before and in countries never saved before. I know that some would be skeptical of this. "Narrow is the gate" is often used to infer that not many will know Christ. That most will choose to follow their own path. Or that many convertions aren't genuine. But I can't help but be so encouraged to see God loving the whole world, fighting for their hearts with no limitations, no hesitation. Seeing the world changing while we stand still makes me want to go and see the church in these other places where miracles are happening and people are being healed in the name of Jesus. I feel like my hope has been renewed in a holy, loving God, jealous for His people. I feel like my God just got so much bigger!

3 comments: