Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One Quarter Century Down, Lord Knows How Much to Go!

One hour and 8 minutes left of my 25th year. I have accumulated hundreds of incredible friends in my life but I have been especially blessed by the ones in the last few years. Looking back on where God has placed me in the last 25 years, I can honestly say He has been busy! I am not the same person as I was a year ago and so grateful for that! So is Charlotte! And the friendships I have now are deeper than I've ever had before. All that to say... how does it get any better? What should I be hoping for. I have decided to never get married, so I am not looking for a man:) I have the greatest friends in the world so I am not looking for that either! The truth is i could never have imagined a year ago I would be here, teaching in Santa Cruz, being met here by a gracious and loving Father who teaches me daily how to love Him more, with people I never imagined meeting... ever! So if I couldn't have planned this year, how can I expect to know what is to come?! It is exciting and I am looking forward to it. If you have any ideas for how to make the next 25 years better than the first please, please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. praise God for being so creative not only in nature but in our life paths!! who would have thought we would be who we are??? (did that make sense?) i love you callan and im so excited to see the things God is going to teach you in the next 25 years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL. a letter is for sure comin your way. you already know this, but i cant say it enough--i love you and im SO thankful for you!
    the happiest of birthdays to you my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE. 1. spend more time with ME!

    ....thats really all you need to make it a great lifetime... :)

    i love you lady. these last 25 years have been CRUCIAL. be ready for a freakin ride, i have a feeling God is going to rock your life off!!

    can't wait to be a part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete