Monday, April 6, 2009

Unintentionally Condemning Myself

Romans 2:1

Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

Example of me judging others

As I am walking into the Santa Cruz Diner, I spot a man in
a minnie skirt, polo and an iguanna on his shoulder.
The whole things disturbs my being, from head to toe. Freak

Example of me actually judging myself

I have a pair of shoes that my mom bought me once. Really expensive and they are supposed to help your posture and burn more calories. The problem is their soles are like 3 inches thick and they make look like I have 2 club feet. I wear them out of guilt sometimes for letting my mom buy them for me. I think it might be a conspiracy to make me look retarded. Freak.

Moral: Don't judge someone by what they are wearing. I am sure Michael Jackson goes out in normal clothes sometimes... that's deceiving.


I make a joke of this but in reality it hits home. Everytime I can think of that I have chosen to judge someone not only can I mirror it with a similar offense of my own, I don't need to. Because ALL have fallen short and I am the least of these. Seeing the good in all people, now that is a task! But such a good and God-honoring one!

1 comment: