Sunday, May 17, 2009

Renewable Resources...?

So on my my way back from Sonora to the beautiful Santa Cruz this weekend I drove by foothills filled with windmills. Do you know what I am talking about? It's like an alien planet, hills of white statues spinning in sync as the wind blows. Anyways, it got me thinking. There is so much potential, unused energy just sitting around. We could be using the wind, the flow of water down rivers, the sun... And that's when it hit me. Fat! We are the most obese country in the world. We should come together and make good on that blubber. Here's how it would work. Much like wind mills make energy from the kinetic energy of wind, we could turn gyms into power centers. As we run and break down the extra pounds, the treadmills could be harnessing that kinetic energy and our PG&E bills would shrink, hopefully along with our waists! I am a genius, I know.

4 comments:

  1. THAT IS AN AMAZING IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we keep watching videos in class about how the world is going to run out of energy and oil. i say, you sell this idea and make billions! i'll be our personal assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, i just started a blog and found sarah's, and therefore found yours. it's been nice to read

    megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wrote a paper about this once... great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete