Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Long Time No See!!!!

So it's been awhile, I know. I know Emelia ok?!!! Geez! Anyway, I am back into the swing of OSS only this time around, we all know each other pretty well. So the "Welcome to OSS BBQ 09" wasn't as awkward as 08. But in some ways, not as memorable either. Don't get me wrong. I love this year. I love that we have an understanding of one another that goes a year deep. And really since we are on camp time, maybe more like 5 years deep. But there weren't any funny awkward moments that will continue on into the ages. Like last year, meeting Aimee for the first time, calling her Amy and learning that she drinks Patron straight, over ice. Or hearing Emelia's bee down the shirt story. Or sharing a bathroom with Cindy and finding ourselves needing to go to the bathroom at the same time EVERY morning. Or pretending like I wasn't sort of freaked out by Drew's "accent." All quality "getting to know you" moments that I value and savor in the retelling. But we have made a few new stories already. "Fun Table", pushing Carissa up Randy's (well not quite), coffe time with Char... all in all I have high hopes for this year. I know it will be different but I think that's actually what I am looking forward to.

5 comments:

  1. Outdoor Science School. Like our Sonora camp we did in 6th grade. We have kids for a week, hike them around and try to help them see the wonder of nature. Being God. Lots of public schools so there are a lot of rules about what we can share. I work with a really great group of people, all believers. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Is that what you do full time? Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. um. you didn't have to push me. for the record.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember having any awkward moments between us.

    by the way, where did your shaker go?

    ReplyDelete